Mt. Lebanon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment based on competence, merit, performance, and business needs. We are committed to valuing the diversity of all individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other classification protected by law. Reasonable accommodations for the needs of otherwise qualified applicants with disabilities will be made upon request to the Human Resource Office at 412-343-3625 or email@example.com.
By State law, all positions that work with children require all three CHILD CLEARANCES be obtained prior to the first day of work. You should allow 4-6 weeks to obtain all clearances. If you work for at least one month, we will reimburse for the cost of the clearances ($60.25) that are obtained for you to work for us. Please see http://www.mtlebanon.org/2137/EmploymentVolunteering for more information.
Reports to: Associate Director- Public Services
FLSA Status: Exempt
Employment Status: Part Time
Are you a youth services librarian who enjoys working as part of a team? We’re looking for a part-time staff member to help our amazing Children’s Library staff provide for all patrons an inclusive, welcoming environment of intellectual enrichment, creativity and enjoyment, and a forum to exchange ideas by providing top-tier programs, materials, services, and community support.
BASIC DUTIES AS PART OF THE CHILDREN’S LIBRARY TEAM:
- Provide Reference and Readers’ Advisory Services, with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Develop and Implement virtual and in-person library programs and services for children, teens, and families with an emphasis on incorporating STEM skills and activities.
- Partner with community organizations and work with local schools and early learning facilities to meet the needs of the youth in our community.
- Assist in the development and promotion of the Children’s Library materials collection.
- Must have completed Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library and Information Science from an ALA-accredited college or university.
- Evening and weekend availability.
- New hires are subject to fingerprinting and a background check upon acceptance of an offer of employment; evaluation at 12 weeks and 12 months.
While performing the duties of this job the employee: may be frequently required to move and/or lift materials up to 25 pounds and push a loaded book truck weighing up to 300 pounds; regularly required to stand, walk, bend, kneel, crawl, reach, climb, balance, and sit; operate a keyboard at efficient speed and typical office equipment, including computer hardware; regularly required to talk and/or hear; use hands to operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. Vision and hearing at or correctable to “normal ranges.” Occasionally required to attend off-site meetings. Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
Interested in Applying? Please visit https://mtlebanon.bamboohr.com/careers/166