The part-time employee in this position serves the public by providing, creating, and implementing engaging library programs for community members of all ages.
Develops and delivers children’s programs that promote early childhood literacy, STEM and STEAM initiatives for children and tweens, and potentially develops occasional Teen, adult, and family programs.
Hours per week: range of 12 – 15, with more hours available as program offerings develop and begin to grow.
Maintain statistics re: number of programs offered and attendance.
Creates marketing material for programs using Canva or something similar, and posts on Facebook and Instagram
Occasionally may be needed to assist with circulation, and other general library duties or administrative tasks (not often, but may occur once in a while).
- High School graduate; preferred college graduate (majoring or majored in Education, Library Science, Social Sciences etc.)
- Experience with MS OFFICE products (excel, word, publisher, etc)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have a passion for the delivery of library programs and services
- All clearances must be provided at time of hire
- Must be able to lift 25+ lbs and stand for extended periods of time
- Must be able to follow directions, and take suggestions well.
- Provides updates on changes with planned programming, or commencing new programs.
- Knowledge of creating and uploading posts onto social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to provide truthful information when voluntarily answering or providing information, or when compelled to answer questions or provide information.
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance and punctuality.
- Knowledge of child, teen, and adult development and how to interact with customers of various age groups accordingly
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain and foster cooperative and courteous working relationships with the public, co-workers, and supervisors
- Ability to handle the occasional stressful situation, or when a situation arises that puts the person out of their comfort zone and they are unsure of how to respond; does not get combative, instead remains calm.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND LETTER OF INTEREST, as well as contact information for 3 references (2 must be professional references– work / employer / supervisor references)–to email@example.com. Thank you!
Salary: starting at $10 an hour, but may be higher with experience.