$11.88 – $12.24 hourly | 10 – 20 hours weekly
Public Services Assistants are the lifeblood of our library. They help our patrons by: checking out library materials, locating information and assistance with basic computer usage. PSA’s also do a lot of behind the scenes work shelving and processing books, helping out with preparing programs, and basic library maintenance.
About the Organization
CC Mellor Memorial Library (CCM) is a medium-sized public library serving approximately 20,000 residents in 5 municipalities in the near eastern suburbs of Pittsburgh. We provide this service from our historic building in Edgewood, our branch location in the Forest Hills borough building, and through extensive outreach to the preschools and schools and special events in our community.
CCM prides itself on continuously looking for ways to meet the needs of our community more fully. We approach library service through a lens of removing barriers to access and offering local educational and recreational opportunities to our community.
CCM has a small staff that works excellently together as a team. We provide PTO and optional retirement benefits for all staff. We strive to be a workplace that prioritizes work-life balance. This position is on-site, and inclusive of both evenings and weekends.
Required Skills and Experience
- Deep desire to work with people
- A passion for the work of public libraries
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain clearances
- Basic computer literacy including internet navigation and Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with staff, volunteers, and public throughout the organization
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, bend, and lift up to 30 pounds