This job is a great fit for someone who loves to work with people and solve problems.
What you will do
- Assist library patrons with a variety of services through a seamless and friendly experience
- Demonstrate expertise in all technologies used in the library environment
- Inspire trust, teamwork and positive team relationships
- Facilitate patron interactions and provide resolution in a timely and effective manner
- Ensure the security and privacy of patron information
- The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on service needs
What you will need
- The ability to effectively build relationships with patrons, peers and leadership
- Proficiency in multiple operating systems such as MS Windows, iOS and Android
- Clear, effective communication with strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Accountability, initiative and a high level of ownership
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on library needs
This job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Job Type: Part-time, approximately 20 hours/week including evenings and weekends
Pay: $13.00 per hour
The Penn Hills Library is a 501c3 nonprofit library with two locations in Allegheny County and a service area of over 40,000 residents. We believe in engaging the community, supporting their needs, and charging no fines or fees for service.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30.