The Baldwin Borough Public Library (BBPL) is a non-profit community library in the South Hills of Pittsburgh. BBPL’s mission is to be the community’s destination for discovery, enrichment and life-long learning. We fulfill this mission by creating and implementing innovative programs in technology, early literacy, health literacy and educational concepts; maintaining a collection of print and electronic materials which meets the interests and needs of community members; and offering an inviting and safe spaces where all are welcome and respected.
Description: This position is primarily responsible for interacting with the public at the service desk; material circulation; registering new users for library cards; processing new materials and the organization of library collections. The Public Services Assistant also helps patrons with computers and printing, assists with library programs and promotes library fundraisers, events and other activities.
The Public Services Assistant is expected to embrace the library’s mission and core value system of inclusiveness, respect for others, and strong commitment to public service.
- Staff the public service desk and provide equitable and quality customer service to our community of patrons from diverse backgrounds, both in person and by phone.
- Perform all functions associated with the circulation of materials, including checking out items to patrons, preparing items for delivery, emptying book drops and processing holds.
- Assist patrons with public computers, answering questions about printing, email, and Microsoft applications.
- Help patrons locate library materials and provide informational assistance using our library catalog, eBook platforms and databases.
- Assist the public with copy services using the library copiers, printers, scanner and fax, and occasionally troubleshoot the equipment.
- Assist with collection management by processing materials, covering books, shelving, and shelf reading collections.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required to perform essential functions of this position.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Experience working and interacting with the public.
- Proficiency in the use of computers, including word processing software, the Internet searching and email.
All persons who apply for employment with BBPL will be required to obtain the following clearances:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services
- Pennsylvania State Police report of criminal history
- FBI fingerprint based federal criminal history
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and appropriately with people from diverse backgrounds, including youth, families, volunteers, and coworkers.
- Able to work independently and within a team model, allowing for flexibility in a people-driven environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and equipment technologies.
Physical requirements include sitting; lifting of books and files of approximately 20 lbs. or less; pushing of book cart of approximately 35 lbs. or less; bending, squatting, standing, and reaching as needed. Work requires extended periods of time viewing a computer video monitor and operating a keyboard.
Please submit an application (attached) and/or resume with a letter of interest to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted through Friday, November 5. Candidates of interest will be contacted to schedule an interview.
BBPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (A.D.A.) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations