The South Park Township Library is seeking a Technical Services Librarian to join our team. The library is looking for an individual with cataloging, collection building, and front desk experience.
As a member of the Library’s team, under the supervision of the Library Director, this employee performs cataloging and classification of all library materials, evaluates and builds the library’s collections, and provides direction for support staff in the completion of their daily work. Additionally, this individual is responsible for assisting with circulation and reference services. The position includes 1-2 evenings per week and 2 Saturdays per month.
Essential Position Duties:
- Using consortium standards, catalog materials across all relevant formats.
- Classify call numbers for materials based on Dewey and local shelving guidelines.
- Oversee the ordering, receiving, and processing of all materials.
- Order materials for library collections across multiple audiences.
- Perform collection maintenance, including generating weeding and other timely reports.
- Maintain a working knowledge of trends in publishing and literature, educational and developmental needs, and the library profession through webinars, training, and meetings.
- Assists with circulation at front desk and answers readers’ advisory and reference questions in person, over the phone, and over e-mail.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an American Library Association-accredited program with demonstrated cataloging and collection development experience.
- Circulation experience
- Experience working with Sierra circulation system preferred
This position is full-time and offers a competitive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, vision.
Please send a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1.
All library positions require the following criminal background and child abuse clearances: Report of criminal history from the Pennsylvania State Police, Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services, and fingerprint ID based on federal criminal history submitted through the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent (FBI).
South Park Township Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.