Do you enjoy working with young adults but also have strong technology skills? Do you have a passion for teaching research, information retrieval, getting youth excited to read and to pursue new learning endeavors? The Zelienople Area Public Library is seeking a part-time library coordinator to oversee marketing needs, plan teen/tween programming, develop a strong social media presence for the Library. Additionally the staff member should be able to work independently as well as a team member, and provide excellent service to our community members.
- Update and maintain Library website and other social media presences
- Develop and deliver teen and tween programming
- Provide instruction for community members in the use of the library catalog and databases, online searches, and assistance with mobile devices
- Cover information desk to assist community members with questions and provide resources
- Oversee collection development for young adult fiction and non-fiction
- Provide instruction on use of databases, library online catalog, and other technology related classes/courses to all age groups
- Bachelors degree, preferably in related field such as Library Science, Education, Social Science, etc, or related work experience. Preferred: graduate degree from an accredited library science program
- Prior Library experience preferred, but not required
- Applicant must provide Act 34 Criminal Record Check, Act 151 Child Abuse History
Schedule: potentially a combination of daytime, early evening, and weekend hours, with a range of 15 hours minimum a week up to 25.
Compensation: Based on experience, but minimum will be $14.00 an hour.
Please email letter of interest, resume, and contact information for 3 references to email@example.com