The Focus On Renewal Sto-Rox Neighborhood Corporation (FOR) was founded in 1969. FOR founders led a group of mobilized citizens and community activists to create an umbrella organization for much needed social services now ranging from food security, nutrition, early-childhood education, support groups and mental health to arts programs for all ages and small business incubation.
Focus On Renewal employs 30+ staff at four locations throughout McKees Rocks and Stowe Townships. We work with a wide range of partners to ensure high quality programming is accessible to all 13,000 residents of the Sto-Rox Community. Our mission states that Focus on Renewal’s programs and partnerships connect children, adults, and families with the relationships, resources, and opportunities needed to develop and sustain a thriving community.
About the Position:
The Youth Literary Coordinator will provide library services, programming and early literacy development for children and teens, including those with diverse backgrounds and abilities.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Design, promote, execute and evaluate a variety of library programs for youth and their families/caregivers
- Advocate for the library and library services offered
- Assist with the development of children/teen collection
- Outreach to/visit local schools, daycares and similar institutions to promote library services and programs
- Assist in maintaining the Sto-Rox library webpage
- Maintain the public calendar for library programming
- Collaborate with other staff on library projects and events
- Collaborate with staff from FOR Sto-Rox entities to develop programming
- Perform circulation desk duties
- Collect statistics on programs and attendance and complete reports as necessary
Additional Job Responsibilities
- Perform other assignments as necessary for the proper operation of the FOR Sto-Rox Library.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in children’s library services or equivalent experience in Early Childhood Education/Development.
- Strong background in children’s literature and knowledge of emerging technology and child development required.
- Excellent communication skills including writing and public speaking.
- Must possess the ability to work well with the public.
- Ability to multitask, and be available for daytime, evening and weekend hours.
- Act 33/34 clearances must be provided prior to employment
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus
- Resident of McKees Rocks or Sto-Rox community preferred