Are you a reading enthusiast with exceptional attention to detail? Do you enjoy helping people and enjoy working with youth and teens? The Mars Area Public Library is seeking a highly motivated, creative individual to serve as a Youth Services Assistant.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Design, plan, and implement programs/activities for both youth children and teens.
- Coordinate local outreach to schools and organizations about literacy and library services.
- Collect and maintain data on programs and attendance and prepare associated reports.
- Work collaboratively with the Technical Librarian on collection selection designed to address teen interests.
- Working the front circulation desk.–registering patrons for library cards, processing customer holds and requests, checking in and out library materials, answering the phone, providing quality customer service.
- Shelving and organizing books.
- Assist patrons in the use of library resources and services; Providing basic computer instruction and assistance.
- Preparing new library materials for processing.
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- High school education or equivalent; post secondary education preferred
- Experience working with teens/youth and knowledge of youth development/interests
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Customer-orientation and ability to work with the public
- Multi-tasking skills and availability for daytime, evening and weekend work hours
- Federal Criminal background check, PA criminal record check and PA child abuse history clearances must be obtained upon employment.
Tuesdays 3 – 7pm
Wednesdays 3 – 7pm
Thursdays 10am – 3pm
Saturdays 9am – 4pm; 10-2pm for 10 weeks during summer (1-2 per month on rotation and as needed)
Other shifts as needed.
Wage: $12 hourly
If interested, please send an email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Youth Services Assistant Position. Please attach resume, cover letter, and 2 references. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.