Mars Area Public Library
Youth Services Librarian
Full Time Position Available
Are you a reading enthusiast with exceptional attention to detail and organization? Do you enjoy helping people and crafting? The Mars Area Public Library is currently seeking a highly motivated, creative individual to serve as a Youth Services Librarian.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Create and run monthly programming for different age groups of children
- Create promotional materials for programming
- Weekly story times
- Monthly take and make crafts
- Collection Acquisition for juveniles
- Maintenance of the juvenile collection
- Organize special seasonal events
- Outreach – Story time at daycares
- Manage the yearly Elementary School Visit
- Form/maintain partnerships for library programming
- Manage the children’s room in the library
- Help organize the Summer Reading Program
- Create and run programming focused on Teens and Tweens
- Recruit and manage teen volunteers
- Manage the YA space
- Promote and foster an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Assist patrons in the use of library resources and services; Providing basic computer instruction and assistance.
- Other duties as needed/assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, required. Master of Library Science from ALA accredited school, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing and public speaking
- Customer-orientation and ability to work with the public
- Multi-tasking skills and availability for evening and weekend work hours
- Federal Criminal background check, PA criminal record check and PA child abuse history clearances must be obtained upon employment.
Salary: $33,000-$35,000; 35 hours weekly
If interested, please send an email to: email@example.com
Subject Line: Youth Services Librarian Position. Please attach a resume, cover letter, and 2 references. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.