Come join our team! The Plum Borough Community Library has an immediate opening for part-time Library Clerk position (about 8-10 hours per week).
We are a busy community library that serves patrons of all ages. A desire to work with people is a must for this job.
Library clerks assist our patrons by: checking out library materials, locating information, shelving materials, directing patrons to appropriate resources, performing reader’s advisory, registering patrons for library cards, and providing technology assistance.
Federal Criminal Background Check, PA Criminal Record Check & PA Child Abuse History Clearance are required upon offer of employment.
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Basic technology skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patrons both in-person and by the phone.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population a courteous manner, employing tact and diplomacy when dealing with challenging customer situations.
- Attention to detail necessary to ensure that materials are properly tracked and shelved.
- Ability to work independently and with initiative.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and to frequently bend, twist, and lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule, primarily evenings and Saturday hours.
- $10 per hour.
- Status: Regular part-time, non-exempt
Applications accepted until December 1. Interested candidates can email a letter of interest, resume, and list of three references to Pam Calfo. Please include LIBRARY CLERK in the subject line.
Visit our website for more information:http://plumlibrary.org/employment-opportunities/
The Plum Borough Community Library provides equal opportunities and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, age, disability status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.