The ideal Public Service Manager is results-oriented, a team leader, thrives in a collaborative working environment and is committed to providing an exceptional library experience for all.
What you will do
- Recruit, hire, train, develop and motivate the team.
- Participate in the development of equitable library policies and procedures.
- Ensure staff are delivering outstanding service by teaching, coaching and leading by example.
- Work with the leadership team to maintain high quality standards for service.
- Build long lasting relationships by engaging with the community and developing strong lines of communication.
- Assist with administrative duties as needed.
- The hours and schedule for this position will vary by week depending on service needs.
What you will need
- A track record of success in areas such as strong productivity, self-motivation, and relationship building.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships with team members, community leaders and other key partners.
- Strong organizational and follow-through skills.
- The ability to set and achieve goals.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule based on library needs.
- 3-5 years of providing excellent customer service.
- 1-3 years management experience is a plus.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits, including evenings and weekends
The Penn Hills Library is a 501c3 nonprofit library with two locations in Allegheny County and a service area of over 40,000 residents. We believe in engaging the community, supporting their needs, and charging no fines or fees for service. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 30.